Custom Glass and Mirror Etching
For One-Of-A-Kind Results
Custom etching adds the utmost in personalization for any project. We can use your artwork or our in-house experts can work with you to create the perfect design to make your vision a reality. Whether its glass or mirror, from kitchen cabinet doors, to table tops, to insulated glass units, to shower enclosures, to custom mirrors, to personalized shelves, to awards, our craftsmen can produce beautiful results for the ultimate WOW factor...
We are here to guide you step-by-step. Costs vary depending on several factors including the dimensions and type of substrate (type of glass or mirror), thickness, tempering requirements, and installation considerations (holes, cutouts, insulated glass units). Another key consideration is how close the artwork is to being "sandblast ready". Etching is essentially a 2-color process - etched and not etched. We advise you as to what type of design will work better in this medium, and we can use some computer file formats that help expedite this phase. This is evaulated in detail during our initial discussions to work out the best solution for your budget and requirements.
Here are the typical steps we go through to complete your one-of-a-kind project:
- Review your specifications and preliminary artwork and provide quote
- As required, prepare samples of our fonts for any text
- Get signed agreement on pricing, deliverables, and font choices
- Receive artwork , scan / trace it, and clean it up (this can be very time consuming)
- Prepare a scaled drawing of each piece to be etched showing all critical dimensions for the artwork and location
- Get your approval on the drawing and a printout of the artwork
- As required, prepare a sample piece for approval (extra cost, but well worth it for large / complex projects)
- Cut stencils and sandblast the project pieces
- Clean and seal the pieces so that they are ready for installation