Custom glass and mirror etching is a great way to add personality to any project. At Clearlight we can use your artwork or our design professionals can work with you to create a unique piece that exceeds all your expectations. Whether glass or mirror, from kitchen cabinets, to table tops, to shower enclosures, to custom mirrors, our craftsmen make quality and beautiful etched glass.
The glass etching process
Sandblasted glass can be used as an accent to your glass or mirror, or it can be the focus of your work. Costs vary depending on several factors including the dimensions, type of glass or mirror, thickness, and installation considerations. Our design professionals are available to walk you through the glass etching process step-by-step, from concept to design, and budget.
Here are the typical steps we go through to complete your one-of-a-kind project:
- Review your specifications, preliminary artwork, and provide quote
- As required, prepare samples of our fonts for any text
- Get signed agreement on pricing, deliverables, and font choices
- Receive artwork, scan/trace it, and clean it up
- Prepare a scaled drawing of each piece to be etched showing all critical dimensions for the artwork and location
- Get your approval on the drawing and a printout of the artwork
- As required, prepare a sample piece for approval
- Precision machine cut vinyl stencils and sandblast the project pieces
- Clean and seal the pieces so that they are ready for installation
Please contact us to discuss your glass etching project. Our knowledgeable staff can answer any questions that you may have about sandblasted glass etching.